Whether you’re looking to throw a July Fourth party or just looking to make things festive around your house, you definitely need some great July Fourth decorations. Sure, you can purchase some decorations, but why not save some money and make them yourself? You might even have some of the pieces laying around the house to make some really great July Fourth decorations! No matter how you’re looking to celebrate the holiday, these decorations will make the celebration that much more special. Check out these DIY July Fourth decorations and get into the festive mood this year!
July Fourth Decorations and Treats
Recycled Bottle Centerpieces
Grab some plain glass bottles and let your imagination run wild with decorations! These glass bottles are perfect to decorate the house or to just use as some table centerpieces. All you’ll need to complete these decorations are some empty glass bottles and a few other items. To create these bottles, you’ll need dual primer/paint, glass bottles, stickers, washi tape, twine, and any decorations you like.
- Wash and dry bottles and allow to dry completely inside and out.
- Using several light coats spray bottles until thoroughly covered.
- Once bottles are completely dried, embellish them with stickers, twine and washi tape in fun designs and patterns.
- Place on a stand and add your finishing touches for the perfect July Fourth centerpiece!
These DIY July Fourth decoration takes simple clothes pins and creates a great piece to hang anywhere around the house. This one of the DIY July Fourth decoration that doesn’t require much. All you need to create this decorative wreath are some clothes pins, a wreath frame and spray paint in the American flag colors: red, white and blue! You can also add some star stickers to the wreath to create an even more festive patriotic wreath.
- Place the clothes pins onto the wreath frame and decide how many pins of each color you will need.
- Spray paint each pin accordingly and allow each to dry completely.
- Once the pins are dry, arrange them around the wreath, alternating between the red and white sections.
- Then, fill in one big section with the blue clothes pins.
- Add star stickers to blue clothes pins (optional).
- Use any fabric, rope or ribbon to tie the wreath onto any door hook.
Patriotic Lollipop Centerpiece
This is definitely one of the more easier July Fourth decorations to create. This lollipop centerpiece will help create that patriotic feel without you having to put in much effort. All you need is a few simple items to create this centerpiece. Grab a bucket and throw in a foam ball to stick your lollipops in. Once you have this centerpiece set up, all you need to do is put it on a table and use it for decoration or as a little snack for people to grab from!
- Place your foam ball inside of the bucket (Use a foam ball that is slighty smaller than the opening of your bucket).
- Begin placing lollipops inside of the foam ball starting at the center, creating a line and working outward.
- Fill foam ball with lollipops until the ball is barely visible.
Red, White, and Blue Rice Krispies Treats
Another set of delicious July Fourth decorations would definitely have to be these red, white, and blue Rice Krispies treats. These treats will definitely stand out on your table when you serve them up. The red, white, and blue make them the perfect patriotic snack for the day. Check out how to make these treats below and treat yourself to a nice July Fourth snack!
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 6 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal, divided
- Red food coloring (no taste variety, found in craft/baking stores)
- Blue food coloring (no taste variety, found in craft/baking stores)
- Line a 9 x 9-inch dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of melted butter and 2 cups of marshmallows. Stir until the marshmallows are smooth and melted. Add in a few drops of red food coloring. Stir until the color is thoroughly combined.
- Stir in 2 cups of Rice Krispies cereal, and toss to cover equally. Work quickly so the cereal does not harden. Add to the parchment-lined dish, and flatten.
- Rinse out the pan, and add 1 tablespoon of melted butter and 2 cups of marshmallows. Stir until the marshmallows are smooth and melted.
- Stir in 2 cups of Rice Krispies cereal, and toss to cover equally. Work quickly so the cereal does not harden. Add as a second layer to the parchment-lined dish, and flatten.
- Rinse out the pan, and add the last tablespoon of melted butter and the last 2 cups of marshmallows. Stir until the marshmallows are smooth and melted. Add in a few drops of blue food coloring. Stir until the color is thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the last 2 cups of Rice Krispies cereal, and toss to cover equally. Work quickly so the cereal does not harden. Add as a third layer to the parchment-lined dish, and flatten.
- Let the Treats sit for at least 10 minutes before cutting.
If you would like to contact us about our July Fourth events, please use our live chat window. To view all of our July Fourth events, click here.